Monday, March 9, 2009

More Books (& Cupcakes) of Wonder + Anyone Know This Painting?

Let me get straight to the point: this painting is the one referred to in the title. Does anyone recognize the artist and/or title? If all else fails, I'll just go back to Books of Wonder and check the tag, but I seriously want to save myself from the temptations that place presents.


Below follows some more amazingness from the Neil Gaiman & Charles Vess signing session. And yes, from the cupcake store too.

The line was half a block long - even hours before the actual event took place. I "only" had to wait for 45 minutes or so, during which time I had ample opportunity to observe the girl in front of me tear the cover of her book into tiny pieces as she was reading. Later I found out she is an artist.

An ARTIST.

Irreversibly damaging 1) a work of art, 2) something a fellow artist labored on, 3) something she herself could have made / will probably make for a living at some point in the future. Not to mention the fact that she was hurting a book in public.

Now that I have moderately let some steam off, let us move on to more pleasant realms -- more of Neil and Charles, as well as outrageously funny advertising within the Cupcake Store.

Doesn't it look like that guy in the middle is an alien of some sorts?

Cupcakers and patient people (2 hours after the scheduled ending)

Yes, this is unbelievable but real.

Real Blueberry Girls - and Growing like a Weed

No comments:

Post a Comment